Αποστολέας Θέμα: SEIKO 62MAS REISSUE  (Αναγνώστηκε 1762 φορές)

0 μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος gkblues

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
    • https://www.instagram.com/gkblues/
SEIKO 62MAS REISSUE
« στις: Μάρτιος 26, 2017, 10:12:41 μμ »

SLA017J1

There were rumors around the web that Seiko is going to reissue their very first dive watch. Now it’s official!

I’m not going to lie, I’m excited about this. When I first saw some poor quality renders I was like “meh”, but now I’m so hyped!

We are going to receive not one but actually two reissues of the famous Seiko 62MAS. The first one, SLA017J1, is going to be more premium and true to the original. It’s going to receive a smaller, 39mm stainless steel case, 8L35 automatic movement, which we can often find in Grand Seiko watches, and a sapphire crystal. Sapphire is not that we often see on Seiko diver’s watches, which really emphasizes that this timepiece is going to be special.

However, the true gem for me is the the other watch – SPB051J1 and it’s blue dial version, SPB053J1. It still draws a lot of design cues from the vintage 62MAS yet it’s a true modern Seiko diver’s watch. SPB051 and 053 will have a slightly larger cases at 43mm, modern hands, which are widely used in current generation of Seiko Tuna cans, and a 6R15 automatic movement. These puts these models in the middle of Seiko’s range. I don’t know about you but it ticks a lot of boxes for me, and I’m really looking forward to adding one of these to my collection.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait for these new models since, according to Seiko website, SLA017J1 will be available from July and SPB051J1 and SPB053J1 from November. Ouch! The price tags are also unknown at the moment.

G...                                                   ⌚️