Αποστολέας Θέμα: My travels to Japan, and my search for Nina  (Αναγνώστηκε 4068 φορές)

0 μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης διαβάζουν αυτό το θέμα.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
My travels to Japan, and my search for Nina
« στις: Φεβρουάριος 22, 2019, 11:18:10 μμ »
Ενας αγαπητος φιλος μου εστειλε το παρακατω λινκ
https://omegaforums.net/threads/my-travels-to-japan-and-my-search-for-nina.54166/

Last summer I had the opportunity to travel to Japan to visit my girlfriend. Her and I had been dating for a couple years doing long distance. I was slated to graduate and finish all my schooling and training in early July.

I've always had a love affair with the UG compax, unfortunately my discovery of the watch came along side thousands of others whilst reading publications from Hodinkee and the likes. Understanding that the hyperinflation of the watch will forever be out of my reach, I have held onto the unlikely dream of finding it somewhere in Japan in a shop unknown to the modern world. As naive as it sounds due to the interconnectedness of everyone in the community and the mediums of marketing, buying and selling, I will continue to dream.

As a collector and someone who appreciate watches, I consider myself very limited in terms of horological knowledge. I do know what I like, and I do have an idea of the collector I want to become; however, in terms of how a watch movement works, and how a hairspring works I am hopeless (for now).

The following thread will be a collection of pictures that I had the chance to take while on a random watch hunt. By "random," I mean that my girlfriend's mother's boyfriend... Yes... girlfriend's mother's boyfriend happened to be a huge horological nerd. His collection ranged from Rolex's to Breitlings' to a very dear Walthams gifted to him by his father.

I don't speak any Japanese. My girlfriend however speaks perfect English. During dinner one night, she was translating for me my preferences for certain watches and was communicating this to her Mother's Boyfriend, let's call him Y. Y was positively surprised by my interest in watches and offered to take me to his favorite watch marketplace.

A few nights before I had to fly back home, Y offered to take us into Tokyo. It was a whole family affair for two men who were simply in love with these soulful objects.

I don't believe in keeping secrets and hiding what's good to myself so I am can share to you guys "real local knowledge" that was shared with me about where to find watches. If you're planning to travel to Japan, sure you can go to small boutiques in Shinjuku, or go to retails shops in Ginza, or "lemon" a watch boutique that is highly regarded, but it's strenuous to hit up all those places individually. I highly advise against going to joint camera and watch shops, or department stores that sells watches because there's nothing special about what's being offered there. Only common retail brands for retail brand prices.

If you're hunting for vintage, or horologically unique references or pieces that you won't find elsewhere, you need to visit Nakano Broadway. Nakano Broadway houses a collection of shops that will definitely satisfy your needs.

A simple caveat before continuing reading this thread. The photos were taken by a Gopro Camera by a very excited person. The camera has no stabilization software. I chose the best photos I could to share with you guys. So be patient with me

I took this picture as I was leaving Nakano Broadway, I was rushing out of there so sorry for the blurriness.. Jack Road was probably my favorite shop in all of Nakano Broadway. It housed a collection of rare and vintage watches of many notable brands.

A nice collection of vintage Wakmann, Heuers, and Breitlings. Some of these references I've never seen anywhere before.

Vintage Tudors

Beautiful Sunburst blue omega chronograph Reference 176.007. Was very tempted to buy this watch.

Some beautiful Tudor Chronographs in superb condition. Excuse my finger.

Some Tudor Divers alongside some Prince Oysterdates.

Explorer 1 heaven, as well as an endless supply of Submariners. As you can see they aren't cheap either, I would say the prices have a hard time competing with the online grey market.

A very blurry photo of an entire case full of pre-owned GMTs. Pepsi for days...

A 6265 Daytona. If you have a cool 60k USD. Are you seeing a trend? Unlike North American watch shops with over the top security for their boutiques.. in a lot of shops in Japan.. having it behind a glass cabinet is sufficient security.
It's an inclusive environment, you don't need to be a man in a suit in order to have access to timepieces that are a mid-tier luxury.

A Paul Newman listed at 14.5 Million Yen which equates nearly 130K USD. The steel hammer was calling me to casually break the glass and walk out with a nice down payment on a couple of condos, a car, and a new life.

The beautiful Patina of a vintage sub, for all you rolex collectors out there.

GOPR2128.JPG 
Autavias!! Not a fan of the cushion case autavias, but nonetheless some very unique references that I've never seen before.

At last! I stumbled upon a corner in Jack Road where they hid all their Vintage UG watches. Unfortunately, but expected, there were no signs of Nina or her evil sister. Even if they were there, I am sure they would be more expensive than if they were listed on Chrono24.

Some of these Longines watches were reasonably prices though. A very sharp looking 1940's time only watch.

Before Leaving Jackroad I took a few more pictures for you guys. Shoutout to all Panerai lovers out there. Here you have a nice Pamily portrait.

Some German dude apparently made these watches.... Never heard of them. ;)

Just down the hallway, there was a very neat little shop that sold rare dials and bezels along with rare specimens in their entirety.

If you're ever in need of buying a bezel for each day of the week for the GMT. 50 shades of Pepsi.

Some more vintage subbies..

This shop seemed be less oriented around vintage pieces and more geared towards modern pre-owned watches.

Walking into the store I was greeted by an iced out Hublot, not really my taste but some eye candy that currently isn't being worn on the NBA courts.

I decided to move on to Preowned Rolex divers, watches that unfortunately don't call out to me even the slightest at this point in my horological journey.
Cheers!

Υπαρχουν και καποιες επιπλέον ενδιαφερουσες φωτο για οποιον θελει να δει.
Καλη μελετη.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος markosgr28

• Just Registered
    • Προφίλ
Απ: My travels to Japan, and my search for Nina
« Απάντηση #1 στις: Φεβρουάριος 22, 2019, 11:22:47 μμ »
Καταπληκτικο ευχαριστώ πολύ

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G965F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #2 στις: Φεβρουάριος 22, 2019, 11:38:08 μμ »
Καταπληκτικο ευχαριστώ πολύ

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G965F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
:cheers:

Αποσυνδεδεμένος cupra73

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #3 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 01:18:27 πμ »
Ωρολογιακός παράδεισος, απίστευτα βιντάζ κομματια σε πολύ καλή κατάσταση.!!!
''Γιώργος''

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris2176

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #4 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 07:48:43 πμ »
Ωραίο ποστ μπράβο 911!
Watches; I am not an addict. I can stop any time I want to...

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Charilaos

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #5 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 09:23:33 πμ »
Σαν το δικό μου ταξίδι εκεί χωρίς γκόμενες, πεθερικά κτλπ. !!!!
Όντως το Τόκυο είναι ωρολογιακός παράδεισος σπάνιας ομορφιάς και ειδικά στα μεταχειρισμένα η κατάσταση περνάει σε άλλο επίπεδο!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Δε ζυγιάζω, δε μετρώ,δε βολεύομαι! Ακολουθώ το βαθύ μου χτυποκάρδι"
Νίκος Καζαντζάκης

Αποσυνδεδεμένος patsouris

• 50mm case
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #6 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 10:19:49 πμ »
Άρη,
Δεν πιστεύω να πήγες εσύ, ε; Μου θυμίζει αυτόν που μπαίνει σε φαρμακείο και ζητάει βιάγκρα για ένα φίλο του...
Μας πετάς και το κερασάκι υπάρχουν και άλλες φωτος για όποιον ενδιαφέρεται...

:D

Φοβερό φωτορεπορτάζ, με πανέμορφα κομμάτια,.. λεφτά να έχεις μόνο...
Απόστολος

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #7 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 10:30:14 πμ »
Καλημερα Αποστολη.
Οχι δεν πηγα. Εβαλα το λινκ. Μαλλον εσυ πρεπει να πας σε φαρμακοποιο να παρεις κολλυριο :D.
Μακαρι να πηγαινα δηλαδη αλλα...
Απο ενα σημειο και μετα δεν αντεξα στο ανεβασμα.
Πραγματικα εχει πολυ εμπορευμα. Χρηματα να εχεις.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος nicolasg

• 48mm case
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #8 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 10:58:05 πμ »
Καταπληκτικό λινκ!

Στάλθηκε από το ANE-LX1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #9 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:05:09 πμ »
Καταπληκτικό λινκ!

Στάλθηκε από το ANE-LX1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Ευχαριστω Νικο.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος fovos

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #10 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:16:18 πμ »
να έχω κερδίσει το λαχείο και να με αφήσεις εκεί  :D

Το καλύτερο ρολόι στον κόσμο;
Αυτό που έχεις τώρα στον καρπό σου.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #11 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:21:18 πμ »
να έχω κερδίσει το λαχείο και να με αφήσεις εκεί  :D
Δημητρη αυτη την σκεψη εκανα και εγω.
Εντυπωση παντος μου εκανε η τεραστια ποσοτητα καλης καταστασης μεταχ. ρολογιων οπως και η δυνατοτητα αγορας κομματιων (μπρασελε, στεφανες) χωρις να χρειαζεσε την αντιπροσωπεια.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος fovos

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #12 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:24:55 πμ »
Δημητρη αυτη την σκεψη εκανα και εγω.
Εντυπωση παντος μου εκανε η τεραστια ποσοτητα καλης καταστασης μεταχ. ρολογιων οπως και η δυνατοτητα αγορας κομματιων (μπρασελε, στεφανες) χωρις να χρειαζεσε την αντιπροσωπεια.
Άρη καλημέρα
έχω δει ανάλογα βίντεο στο youtube
όπως είπες έχουν τα πάντα

Το καλύτερο ρολόι στον κόσμο;
Αυτό που έχεις τώρα στον καρπό σου.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #13 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:28:51 πμ »
Δημητρη οι τιμες τους (χιλιαδες η εκατομμυρια) μου θυμιζει κατοχικες καταστασεις.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος GiannisTissot

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #14 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:39:00 πμ »
Αρη ωραιο ποστ..! Πραγματικα χανεσαι...!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J530F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

The front tells the time and the back tells the story.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #15 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 11:51:21 πμ »
Αρη ωραιο ποστ..! Πραγματικα χανεσαι...!

και καλο Σ/Κ.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος GiannisTissot

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #16 στις: Φεβρουάριος 23, 2019, 01:45:14 μμ »
και καλο Σ/Κ.
επισης!

The front tells the time and the back tells the story.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος nikosl

• 50mm case
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #17 στις: Μάρτιος 19, 2019, 08:29:04 μμ »
Για τους ντόπιους ονομάζεται το μαγικό μπλε βουνό.

Για εμάς είναι γνωστό ως ηφαίστειο Φούτζι.

Σήμα κατατεθέν την Άπω Ανατολής.
Μετά την επίσκεψη μου στον Τόκυο θα πω ότι είναι ένας μοναδικός προορισμός.

Αποσυνδεδεμένος Aris911

• Tourbillion
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #18 στις: Μάρτιος 19, 2019, 08:39:31 μμ »

Αποσυνδεδεμένος patsouris

• 50mm case
    • Προφίλ
« Απάντηση #19 στις: Μάρτιος 19, 2019, 08:56:57 μμ »
Για τους ντόπιους ονομάζεται το μαγικό μπλε βουνό.

Για εμάς είναι γνωστό ως ηφαίστειο Φούτζι.

Σήμα κατατεθέν την Άπω Ανατολής.
Μετά την επίσκεψη μου στον Τόκυο θα πω ότι είναι ένας μοναδικός προορισμός.

Διαβαζοντας για αυτά τα μέρη, πάντα μου έρχεται στο μυαλό το Hibiki 21 (συλλεκτικό Ιαπωνικό ουίσκυ) για το Fuji Mountain, περιορισμένης έκδοσης στα 2.000τμχ.

Η αξία  του τρέχει ράλι και αναμένεται σε 5 χρόνια να κοστίζει παραπάνω από γκαρσονιέρα...

Απόστολος